Information about the organization
The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum is a federally chartered, nonpartisan institution that was created by the US Congress to serve as America’s national memorial to the victims of the Holocaust and an educational institution dedicated to the history and lessons of the Holocaust. The Museum seeks to educate Americans from all 50 states and all walks of life as well as international audiences. The Museum has three areas of expertise: Holocaust remembrance, Holocaust scholarship and education, and genocide prevention.
In carrying out its important memorial and educational mission, the Museum is guided by its institutional values for our workplace: Honor the memory of the victims; carry out our work with dignity, humility, integrity and respect for others; and strive for excellence through teamwork, rigor, and a culture of continuous learning. Consistent respect for others is the foundation for trust, collegiality and inclusion.
Information about the role
This position resides within the Levine Institute for Holocaust Education within the branch of Museum Experience and Digital Media. MEDM is responsible for creating educational content for the Museum’s audiences.
This is a full-time donated position (non-Federal) paid with the Museum’s private funds. Salary is commensurate with experience.
This position is located in Washington, DC and is telework eligible, within the local commuting area of the Museum worksite.
Duties, and Responsibilities for the role
- Write, edit, and produce content for the Museum’s website and other digital platforms.
- Review digital content for readability, accessibility, and Museum style standards.
- Train and support Museum staff in creating digital content, including using our content management system (CMS).
- Review and prioritize web change requests and collaborate on solutions.
- Promote best practices for digital content, including search engine optimization (SEO) and accessibility.
- Monitor, gather, and present data on web content, translating findings into insights and actionable recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for the role
- Three or more years of experience managing and producing digital content, preferably for a media organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven skill at creating clear and concise content, including: writing copy, curating media, and creating digital experiences with impact.
- Experience working in various content management systems, proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar software, including a demonstrated ability to extract actionable findings from data.
- Familiarity with SEO and accessibility best practices and Agile project management methods.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using tools such as Slack and Google Workspace.
Preferred Qualifications for the role
- BA in journalism, marketing, communications, or similar degree.
- Knowledge of Holocaust history.
The application deadline for this position is April 14, 2023.
Interested applicants must provide a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and links to digital projects that you have produced. Applications without these requirements will not be considered.
The Museum is committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion (DEAI). Please click here to view the Museum Statement on Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion (PDF).
The U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum values employee wellness, work-life balance and the diversity of what this means for individual employees in life and work. We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package for benefits-eligible employees that includes generous paid leave benefits, health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account with an employer contribution, 403(b) retirement plan with a generous employer match and contribution, group term and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, commuter subsidy, access to two employee assistance programs, as well as voluntary critical illness and accident insurance coverage, long-term care and pet insurance options. Our policies also support telework and other flexible schedule options based on the job, work and team collaboration requirements.