The Corporation of the Fine Arts Museums (COFAM) is seeking a Digital Engagement Manager. The Digital Engagement Manager develops, executes, and evaluates creative social media strategies designed to increase awareness of and engagement of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco (FAMSF). This position is responsible for creating an overarching cohesive strategy that defines the FAMSF’s goals across all social media channels. The Digital Engagement Manager will create an engaging narrative to enhance public image of the de Young and Legion of Honor. This position is perfect for a self-starter with a passion for the institution, knowledge of the art world, a thumb on the pulse of San Francisco, and a deep understanding of the ever-evolving world of digital media.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and execution of the overall social media strategy for FAMSF. The Digital Engagement Manager will work to communicate a comprehensive overview of the many facets of the Museums, their individual buildings, collections, audiences, etc.
- Works with Digital Engagement Coordinator to establish a consistency of tone and message across social channels that actively supports larger institutional voice.
- Keeps abreast of ever-evolving digital trends, best practices, and new opportunities. Makes strategic pivots to campaigns as needed.
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with key influencers and bloggers.
- Works closely with Marketing team and external firm to oversee digital buys across social media platforms.
- Manages postings on FAMSF social media channels including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Linkedin, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Maintains weekly and monthly social media calendars that complement and enhance the overall narrative of the institution and align with other key digital vehicles.
- Finds new opportunities to integrate social media into FAMSF presences online, on-site, and in-gallery at the de Young and Legion of Honor.
- Tracks analytics to establish key success patterns and target demographics. Prepares periodic reports that detail and assess key metrics. Makes strategic pivots to campaigns based on findings.
- Provides strategic recommendations on key digital initiatives.
- Responsible for live coverage at key institutional events.
- Supervises the Digital Engagement team, typically one staff member and one intern. Provides guidance for professional growth.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in communications, social or digital media, or a related field.
Work Experience: Minimum of four years in the social media/communications field. Demonstrated track record of attracting and engaging new audiences through digital strategies.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of best practices in social media arena
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in demanding team environment
- Discretion to handle confidential information
- Excellent collaborative, strategic planning, project management skills
- Ability to seamlessly juggle changing circumstances and competing priorities
- A high level of initiative
- Ability to pivot as needed
- Comfort in Photoshop
- Absolute attention to detail
- Experience supervising staff
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Some video editing skills preferred
COFAM offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco are the city’s largest public arts institutions and comprise the de Young and the Legion of Honor museums. The de Young, designed by Herzog & de Meuron and located in Golden Gate Park, showcases American art from the 17th through the 21st centuries, international contemporary art, textiles and costumes, and art from the Americas, the Pacific, and Africa. The Legion of Honor displays a collection of over 4,000 years of ancient and European art including Auguste Rodin’s The Thinker and houses the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts in a Beaux-Arts style building overlooking Lincoln Park and the Golden Gate Bridge.
COFAM is the Corporation of Fine Arts Museums and is the privately funded non-profit corporation which supports the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, a department of the City and County of San Francisco.
COFAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all phases of employment in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.