The Whitney Museum of American Art is looking for a Digital Production Associate. Reporting to the Senior Digital Content Manager, this full-time temporary role supports the production and coordination of web and video assets and content for whitney.org and the Whitney YouTube channel. The associate will work closely with the Digital Producer and Senior Digital Content Manager, as well as with external production crews and stakeholders in the Museum. The role supports also supports the accuracy of content, rights information, and institutional voice and style across the Whitney’s media and platforms. The duration of the position is approximately four months.
- Gather, organize, proof and support production of digital assets published on whitney.org, as well as liaise with stakeholders across the Museum on digital content
- Oversee production work on exhibition pages and exhibition-related web features, and publish content to the Museum’s digital signage system
- Maintain best practices for publishing on whitney.org and other digital platforms, implementing editorial guidelines, with careful attention to detail to ensure accuracy, usability, and a consistent institutional voice
- Support the production of video content, including the research and coordination of photography, audio, and video shoots, as well as organizing, proofing, and publishing digital assets on whitney.org and owned platforms (i.e. YouTube)
- Upload video and audio assets to the website, ensuring accessibility and usability, as well as archiving video content
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years professional web, video, or digital media production experience
- Extremely organized, proactive, efficient while being detail-oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: professional maturity and flexible disposition working with internal clients in a museum environment; ability and desire to communicate clearly about digital initiatives with non-technical staff
- Image/photo editing (Adobe suite), basic knowledge of HTML, familiarity with content management systems and project management/collaboration software (e.g., Asana, Slack), and YouTube
About the Whitney
The Whitney Museum of American Art, founded in 1930 by the artist and philanthropist Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, houses the foremost collection of American art from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. From her vision arose the Whitney Museum of American Art, which has been championing the most innovative art of the United States for 86 years. The core of the Whitney’s mission is to collect, preserve, interpret, and exhibit American art of our time and serve a wide variety of audiences in celebration of the complexity and diversity of art and culture in the United States. Through this mission and a steadfast commitment to artists themselves, the Whitney has long been a powerful force in support of modern and contemporary art and continues to help define what is innovative and influential in American art today.
To apply, please visit https://whitneymuseumofamericanart.applytojob.com/apply/Oqv6y4sWaf/Digital-Production-Associate.