At the Monterey Bay Aquarium, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We firmly believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices, working together, increases our capacity to serve our visitors and fulfill our mission. We welcome people from all walks of life into our team and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
With limited oversight, guide the Aquarium’s ecommerce product vision. Develop ecommerce strategy and performance including UX (user experience) optimization of assigned digital properties and products (including online retail as well as online ticket sales, membership joins and renewals, and donations). Lead in the development of a product roadmap and rally the team around a vision from inception to execution. Define the ecommerce goals and requirements, managing the customer journey from end-to-end. Establish a multivariate testing program with new methodologies to find potential conversion improvement opportunities and apply measurement techniques to link optimization initiatives to performance outcomes. In collaboration with Sales, IT, and vendors, deliver a best in class ecommerce product experience that meets consumer demand and needs. Perform other duties as required.
- Advise on ecommerce product vision.
- Define ecommerce product goals and requirements and represent consumer demand and needs in product recommendations.
- Develop ecommerce strategies that deliver best practice user experiences and meet the business objectives for the Aquarium.
- Execute on the website ecommerce product roadmap informed by data-driven insights and cross-functional collaboration with relevant key stakeholders, including IT, Sales, Membership & Development, and vendors.
- Construct a best in class purchase funnel for assigned digital properties.
- Advise on outbound marketing strategies that results in earned revenue conversions, in collaboration with the Performance Marketing Strategists.
- Research audiences to understand the end-to-end customer lifecycle/journey.
- Create customer personas and journey maps, in collaboration with other Performance Marketing team members.
- Establish a multivariate testing programs and new methodologies to find potential conversion improvement opportunities.
- Build and implement a measurement program that includes timely dashboards and reports that inform internal business partners and agency partners of ecommerce performance and relevant action items.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures for product feature launches and provide training to internal users as needed.
- Stay current on the latest ecommerce strategies and technology trends, new features/betas, and competitive landscape in order to improve the Aquarium’s efficiency and efficacy with ecommerce products.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum six years of ecommerce product management experience including strategy and implementation
- Advanced experience in identifying customer and business requirements, communicating those into a product vision and actionable plans
- Expert knowledge of identifying, defining and optimizing end-to-end customer lifecycle/journeys
- Ability to conduct market research and make product recommendations that match consumer demand
- Advanced skills in problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matters, particularly related to solving for ecommerce purchase path pain points
- Advanced knowledge of Test/Control, KPI measurement, and optimization methodologies
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills for identifying product market opportunities
- Deep understanding of ecommerce and marketing trends, including emerging technologies
- Knowledge of data management best practices to ensure that customer data is maintained and treated in accordance to defined protocol and applicable federal and state laws and policies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to distill complex ideas into easily understandable data narratives
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with ability to juggle competing priorities within tight timeframes
- Exhibits intense curiosity, proactively digging beneath the superficial to identify relevant, information-based facts
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team – possessing a willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Marketing team
- Ability to work within, and maintain Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Core Value
Annual Compensation Range Minimum:
$86,400.00 USD annually. Starting rate will vary based on previous experience and relevant skills/knowledge set.