The Phillips Collection is actively recruiting for a Manager of Community Projects.
Founded by art collector and philanthropist Duncan Phillips in 1921, The Phillips Collection has been collecting modern and contemporary art for one hundred years. Duncan Phillips’s former home—and additions to it—in Washington’s historic Dupont Circle neighborhood provides a unique setting for the growing collection of over 5,000 works. Following Phillips’s unconventional approach to exhibitions, The Phillips Collection galleries are frequently rearranged to facilitate new conversations between artworks and fresh experiences for visitors.
In addition to presenting selections from the permanent collection and special exhibitions, The Phillips Collection also offers award-winning education and community engagement programs for audiences of all ages and backgrounds, including initiatives at its satellite campus Phillips@THEARC.
The Manager of Community Projects will help enrich people’s lives through community-directed projects at Phillips@THEARC. Phillips@THEARC is a satellite campus in Southeast DC that serves as an experiment station where we develop and execute ideas with our community to connect with the museum’s collection. This position will manage community programming and projects while collaborating with the Community Engagement team to promote strategic and synergistic programming across the museums two locations (21st St, Phillips@THEARC).
This is a full time, exempt position with a salary range of $45,000 – $50,000 annually.
• Bachelor’s degree: art history and museum background preferred
• Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
• Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and handle numerous assignments concurrently
• Administrative experience with excellent office skills, including data entry, database/spreadsheets
• Experience with digital tools and web-based software
• Very flexible; highly effective team member and collaborator with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain systems
• Can work evenings and weekend hours
To view the full job description and apply, please visit https://www.phillipscollection.org/about/opportunities/employment