Serralves Foundation (www.serralves.pt) is seeking a Senior Curator and Deputy Director, reporting directly to the Director of the Museum, which will contribute to the conception and realization of the artistic vision of the Museum, contributing to the museum´s program and activities, working with the Serralves Collection as well as special exhibitions and displays.
This professional to be recruited will share the responsibility of supporting the Museum Direction with another Deputy Director and will have as main responsibilities:
- Support the Director in the conception and implementation of the artistic vision and program for the museum, as well as in team and resource management.
- Conceive, research, and execute exhibitions and projects that contribute to the artistic vision and program of the Serralves Museum, namely through its contemporary collection, temporary exhibitions, publications and programs related to contemporary art and its artists in Portugal and around the world;
- Ensure and coordinate contents associated with programming, curatorship, and program, to be communicated in the different media;
- Ensure the long-term strategic plan for the Serralves Collection, in coordinating with the collection team, including acquisitions, loans, and ensure that loan policies and procedures are in line with international standards;
- Ensure the effective interface with the other services of the Foundation;
- Represent the Serralves Museum whenever necessary, in Portugal and abroad.
- Education to MA or PhD level in a relevant field;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a museum or contemporary art institution;
- Good knowledge and proven research on contemporary Portuguese art;
- Experience of working with artists, curating exhibitions for abroad public;
- Experience of working with collections of art;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to travel in Portugal and abroad.
To apply to this position, please send your motivation letter with your CV with photo, through the email RH@serralves.pt, till 8th of May 2018.