[colleft]From September 16-19, MW brings leaders in innovation and technology for cultural heritage from the MW community to the bi-annual Chinese Museums Association conference in ChengDu, China.
Following the CMA conference, the MW team will run full-day workshops at the Shanghai University Museum and at Wuhan University on September 21 and 22.
The MWA2016 program includes:
September 17, 10-11:30am: TourML Summit
An introduction to TourML, the mobile content standard developed by the IMA Lab to enable users of TourML and content management systems, kiosks, and mobile applications to speak a common language and share content across disparate platforms and technologies. Rob Stein, founder of the TourML initiative, will lead the conversation with Vincent Roirand, CEO of Mazedia, who implement TourML extensively in their Wezit middleware offerings.
September 18: Talks on Social Media in Museums
Talks in the September 18 social media day of the CMA program include:
- Connecting the Museum Collection with the Audience via a Participatory App, Conxa Rodà, Head of Strategy, Innovation and Digital Transformation at the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya,
- When Social Media Met Museum Publishing (and everything changed), Susan Chun, Chief Content Officer at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- From Headphones to Microphones: Mobile Social Media in the Age of the Citizen, Nancy Proctor, MW Co-chair and Executive Director of the MuseWeb Foundation
- Mobile is Social Media: Why you shouldn’t invest in mobile technology for your museum, Alex Palin, Business Development Director of izi.TRAVEL
- Technology is Cool. Content is King, Paul Burke, CEO of Guru
Meet them on the MW booth in the CMA Expo Hall September 16-19!
September 21 and 22: Shanghai and Wuhan
Museums in the Smart City
Technology provides cultural institutions with the tools not just to enhance engagement and the experiences of their visitors, but also to connect with communities and new audiences globally. This day of talks offers a variety of perspectives on the future of the “smart museum,” from content strategy, to accessibility, to technologies and practices that position the museum and its collection as a platform for learning and the co-creation of culture.
- Content Strategy for Museums, Conxa Rodà, Head of Strategy, Innovation and Digital Transformation at the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya
- Making the Museum Accessible, Susan Chun, Chief Content Officer at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- Network effects: Connecting Museums with Communities, Nancy Proctor, MW Co-chair and Executive Director of the MuseWeb Foundation
- Mobile Culture in the Smart City: The “Big Data” Perspective, Alex Tourski, CEO of izi.TRAVEL
MWA2016 has been made possible thanks to the generosity of the Chinese Museums Association, Hongbo Cultural Promotions and Services, Shanghai University, Shanghai University Museum, the Museums and New Tech Journal, the Wonders Group, Wuhan University, izi.TRAVEL and Guru.